Piper’s Vale Primary’s behaviour approach aims to support staff and pupils to develop positive relationships which will lead to a secure learning environment for all.
Teaching and learning can only take place in an atmosphere of calm purposefulness.
The school’s approach to behaviour management aims to foster in pupils:
- Good learning behaviours e.g. listening, attention, participation, effort, positive attitude, co-operation
- Positive and pro-social values
- Self esteem and confidence
- A positive attitude about their abilities
- A sense of responsibility for their actions
- An understanding of cause and consequence.
There are four whole school rules:
- All members of our academy will show respect and courtesy towards each other .
- Pupils follow adult instructions first time.
- We treat everybody as we wish to be treated.
- We respect one another, our environment and our learning.
Code of Conduct
It is expected that teachers will discuss and reach agreements with pupils for good conduct and the maintenance of routines. An agreed code of conduct is displayed in each classroom.